A rack-mountable 15A, 120V AC power conditioner and surge protector for professionally installed AV and IT systems.
The PC-100 is a professional grade, rack-mountable power conditioner designed to provide 120 Volt AC power distribution, switching, surge protection, and noise filtering for Crestron® control systems, AV systems, computers, and other equipment. Eight switched outlets are provided on the rear panel, plus a single unswitched convenience outlet is provided on the front. All nine outlets are protected and filtered. The switched outlets are arranged in four banks of two, two of which are turn-on delayed to prevent dangerous transients during power-up.
- A quality power conditioner is an essential component of any professional system to prevent sudden equipment failure due to lightning and electrical disturbances, to prolong the lifespan of that equipment, and to maximize overall system performance during everyday operation. The PC-100 includes the following power conditioning features:
Surge Protection — Provides protection against surges and spikes in the AC power line caused by lightning and other electrical disturbances
Under/Over Voltage Cutoff — Shuts off power to the rear panel outlets if the line voltage strays beyond the normal operating range
Thermal Breaker — Disrupts power to all outlets in case of an overload condition
EMI/RFI Noise Filtering — Prevents electromagnetic and radio frequency interference that can negatively impact sound and video quality
Wiring Fault Detection — Detects faulty wiring of the incoming AC power line and shuts off power to the rear panel outlets until the fault is corrected
Three-Stage Sequential Turn-On Delay
- The switched outlets on the PC-100’s rear panel are arranged in four banks, with two outlets per bank. When the front panel switch is turned on, or when power is applied to the main line input following a power outage or through an externally switched circuit, the first two banks of outlets turn on immediately, the third bank turns on following a one second delay, and the fourth bank turns on following a two second delay. This ensures that the connected equipment gets powered up in proper order, preventing dangerous transients that can damage delicate components and potentially trip the main circuit breaker. It can also help to prevent audible pops and thumps through connected audio equipment at power-up.
Protection Status Output
- A contact closure output is included to provide notification to a control system or other equipment if the internal surge protection circuit is compromised due to an extreme transient voltage surge. In the unlikely event of such a condition, the PROTECTION output presents a low-voltage contact closure signal and all power to the rear panel outlets is switched off. Protection status is also indicated via LEDs on the front panel.
UL® 1449 Certified
- The PC-100 has been tested and certified by UL as compliant with the UL 1449 safety and performance standard for surge protective devices (SPD).
- Rack-mountable power conditioner
- Eight switched rear panel outlets
- Three-stage sequential turn-on delay
- One unswitched front panel outlet
- Professional grade surge protection
- UL® 1449 Type 3 Listed
- Thermal breaker overload protection
- Over-voltage and under-voltage cutoff
- EMI and RFI noise filtering
- Wiring fault detection 
- Front panel main power switch and status indicators
- Protection status contact closure output
- Single-space 19 inch rack-mountable
- Rated 15 Amps at 120 Volts AC
- Limited Lifetime Product Warranty
- Limited 5 Year Connected Equipment Protection Warranty