An advanced single-channel dimmer module controlled by Cresnet®. Supports dimmable LED, incandescent, magnetic low-voltage, neon/cold cathode, and 2-wire fluorescent lighting loads. UL® 924 listed for emergency lighting control applications.
The Crestron Green Light® GL-EXP Series delivers a family of professional lighting control modules for Cresnet® or DALI® based lighting systems. Designed for easy installation on a wall or above a suspended ceiling, these modules offer a perfect solution for adding extra lighting zones to any system without requiring an additional lighting cabinet.
The GL-EXP-DIM-CN is a single-channel dimmer expansion module designed to control LED, incandescent, magnetic low-voltage, neon/cold cathode, or 2-wire dimmable fluorescent lighting loads. Utilizing proprietary zero-cross filter technology, the GL-EXP-DIM-CN compensates for line voltage and frequency fluctuations, providing superior immunity to power line noise and a dramatic reduction in lamp flicker.
Forward Phase Dimming
- The GL-EXP-DIM-CN employs forward phase (leading edge) dimming to handle inductive load types like magnetic low-voltage and neon, as well as incandescent, LED, and 2-wire fluorescent.
- The GL-EXP-DIM-CN interfaces with a Crestron® control system via Cresnet. Cresnet is a simple 4-wire network bus that provides the communications backbone for a system of Crestron lighting dimmers, switches, keypads, shades, thermostats, and other devices.
Emergency Lighting Control
- The GL-EXP-DIM-CN is UL® 924 listed for use in controlling an emergency lighting load. In the event of a power failure, a contact closure from a power loss sensor (Crestron GLS-PLS-120/277, sold separately) activates the override mode in the GL-EXP-DIM-CN to turn on the lighting load if it is off (assuming line power is supplied by a backup power source). The override dimming level can be preset to any value when commissioning the lighting system, so even if the load is already on prior to a power failure, it will change to the preset level when override mode is activated.
Plenum Rated NEMA Enclosure
- The GL-EXP-DIM-CN is designed to be mounted to a vertical surface and is UL 2043 compliant to allow for installation in an environmental air-handling space above a suspended ceiling. Conduit knockouts are provided on the bottom and lower sides of the unit. All connections are made via screw terminals behind the front cover.
- Single-channel lighting dimmer
- Crestron® system integration via Cresnet®
- Supports dimmable LED, incandescent, magnetic low-voltage, neon/cold cathode, and 2-wire fluorescent lighting loads
- Rated 16 Amps at 100-277 Volts AC
- Forward phase dimming
- Zero-cross filter technology for reduced lamp flicker
- Extreme stability under noisy power line conditions
- Built-in air gap relay
- Closure-activated override mode
- UL® 924 listed for emergency lighting control
- Surface mountable NEMA Type 1 enclosure
- Mounts on a wall panel or above a suspended ceiling
- UL 2043 listed for installation in an environmental air handling space