Provides eight channels of technologically advanced universal dimming for 120 Volt residential and commercial lighting applications. Supports LED, incandescent, magnetic low-voltage, electronic low-voltage, and 2-wire dimmable fluorescent lighting loads. Installs in a CAEN or CAEN-MLO wall mount automation enclosure as part of a complete Crestron® centralized lighting control system.
Photo shows module with terminal block on left. CLT-2DIMU8 terminal block sold separately.
Visit the Crestron® Lighting Fixture Compatibility page to find out which Crestron lighting devices have been tested and are compatible with third party lighting fixtures.
The Crestron® CLX-2DIMU8 is an eight-channel, two-feed universal dimmer module designed for 120V lighting system applications. It installs in a CAEN or CAEN-MLO enclosure and provides control of a wide range of dimmable lighting load types including electronic and magnetic low-voltage, LED, incandescent, and 2-wire fluorescent. It may also be used to switch non-dimmable lighting loads. Dual feed capability provides two independent four-channel dimmers in one module space. Each output channel is rated for 480 Watts (4 Amps), with a total module rating of 3840 Watts (32 Amps) when fed from two separate 20 Amp feeds.
Auto-Detecting Universal Dimming
- Under normal operation, the CLX-2DIMU8 detects the connected load type on each channel and selects the appropriate operating mode for each channel automatically. Reverse phase (trailing edge) mode supports incandescent and electronic low-voltage load types, while forward phase (leading edge) mode handles magnetic low-voltage, neon, and other inductive load types. The operating mode may also be selected manually via software or programmatically via the control system.
- The CLX-2DIMU8 is a technologically advanced universal dimmer that delivers unparalleled reliability and optimal dimming performance, even in noisy electrical environments. Patented “Constant Power” technology dramatically reduces lamp flicker and maximizes stability under noisy power conditions. This cutting-edge technology quickly adjusts the dimmer’s on-time response to changes in input voltage so that power is constantly and consistently delivered to the load. Voltage sag and peak overshoot no longer cause changes in load output, ensuring reliable lighting performance and a comfortable working environment.
- To further reduce lamp flicker, the CLX-2DIMU8 features proprietary zero-cross filter technology which compensates for line voltage and frequency fluctuations for superior immunity to noise on the power line. Built-in protection against over-current, over-voltage, and over-temperature conditions helps to prevent failure due to temporary wiring faults and other abnormalities. An air-gap relay on each channel output allows individual circuits to be serviced without disabling the entire module. Low-maintenance convection cooling with over-sized heatsinks affords silent operation with no mechanical components to wear out.
Centralized Lighting Cabinet Installation
- Crestron CLX series lighting control modules are designed to be installed in a CAEN or CAEN-MLO wall mount enclosure. Available in a variety of sizes, CAEN and CAEN-MLO enclosures provide a scalable, high-density centralized lighting control solution for any-sized residence or commercial facility. A selection of CLX module types is offered to accommodate a wide range of load types and system configurations.
- Termination of high-voltage wiring to the CLX-2DIMU8 module is facilitated using a CLT-2DIMU8 terminal block, which is sold separately to enable termination of the wiring prior to installing the module. This terminal block mounts beside the module within the enclosure. Low-voltage control signals are bussed between each of the modules within an enclosure via a simple 5-wire link (interconnect jumpers included), which terminates to a single terminal block (model CAEN-BLOCK, sold separately) at the bottom of the enclosure.
- The CLX-2DIMU8 interfaces with a Crestron control system (a.k.a., control processor or automation processor) via Cresnet. Cresnet is a simple 4-wire network bus that provides the communications backbone for a system of Crestron lighting dimmers, switches, keypads, shades, thermostats, and other devices.
Emergency Lighting Control
- The CLX-2DIMU8 is UL® 924 and CSA® C22.2 No. 141-15 listed for use in controlling emergency lighting loads. In the event of a power failure, a contact closure from a power loss sensor (Crestron GLS-PLS-120/277, sold separately) activates the override mode in the CLX-2DIMU8 to turn on each designated lighting load if it is off (assuming line power is supplied by a backup power source). The override dimming level can be preset to any value when commissioning the lighting system, so even if the load is already on prior to a power failure, it will change to the preset level when override mode is activated.
- Eight-channel universal dimmer module for residential and commercial lighting applications
- Installs in a Crestron® CAEN or CAEN-MLO enclosure
- Supports dimmable LED, incandescent, electronic low-voltage, magnetic low-voltage, and 2-wire fluorescent lighting loads
- Single or dual feeds — two four-channel dimmers in one module
- Rated 4 Amps per channel at 120 Volts AC
- Auto load type detection
- Forward and reverse phase modes
- Customizable dimming curves via software
- Patented Constant Power dimming technology
- Zero-cross filter technology
- Extreme stability under noisy power line conditions
- Dramatically reduced lamp flicker
- Over-current, over-voltage, and over-temperature protection
- Built-in air gap relay per channel
- Convection cooled for silent operation
- Closure-activated override mode
- UL® 924 and CSA® C22.2 No. 141-15 listed for emergency lighting control
- Crestron system integration via Cresnet®
- Easy termination using a CLT-2DIMU8 terminal block (sold separately)
- CEC Title 24 2013 compliant