Provides eight channels of dimming for 120 Volt residential and commercial lighting applications. Supports 0-10 Volt dimmable fluorescent ballasts and LED drivers. May also be used to switch non-dimmable lighting loads. Installs in a CAEN or CAEN-MLO wall mount automation enclosure as part of a complete Crestron® centralized lighting control system.
Visit the Crestron® Lighting Fixture Compatibility page to find out which Crestron lighting devices have been tested and are compatible with third party lighting fixtures.
The Crestron® CLX-2DIMFLV8 is an eight-channel, two-feed dimmer module designed for 120V lighting system applications. It installs in a CAEN or CAEN-MLO enclosure and provides control of 0-10 Volt dimmable fluorescent ballasts and LED drivers. It can also be used to switch non-dimmable lighting loads. Dual feed capability provides two independent four-channel dimmers in one module space. Each output channel is rated for 16 Amps, with a total module rating of 32 Amps when fed from two separate 20 Amp feeds.
Centralized Lighting Cabinet Installation
- Crestron CLX series lighting control modules are designed to be installed in a CAEN or CAEN-MLO wall mount enclosure. Available in a variety of sizes, CAEN and CAEN-MLO enclosures provide a scalable, high-density centralized lighting control solution for any-sized residence or commercial facility. A selection of CLX module types is offered to accommodate a wide range of load types and system configurations.
- Termination of high-voltage wiring to the CLX-2DIMFLV8 module is facilitated using a CLT-2DIMFLV8 terminal block, which is sold separately to enable termination of the wiring prior to installing the module. This terminal block mounts beside the module within the enclosure. The 0-10V control wires terminate to the front of the module via detachable terminal blocks. Other low-voltage control signals are bussed between each of the modules within an enclosure via a simple 5-wire link (interconnect jumpers included), which terminates to a single terminal block (model CAEN-BLOCK , sold separately) at the bottom of the enclosure.
- The CLX-2DIMFLV8 interfaces with a Crestron control system (a.k.a., control processor or automation processor) via Cresnet. Cresnet is a simple 4-wire network bus that provides the communications backbone for a system of Crestron lighting dimmers, switches, keypads, shades, thermostats, and other devices.
Emergency Lighting Control
- The CLX-2DIMFLV8 is UL® 924 and CSA® C22.2 No. 141-15 listed for use in controlling emergency lighting loads. In the event of a power failure, a contact closure from a power loss sensor (Crestron GLS-PLS-120/277 , sold separately) activates the override mode in the CLX-2DIMFLV8 to turn on each designated lighting load if it is off (assuming line power is supplied by a backup power source). The override dimming level can be preset to any value when commissioning the lighting system, so even if the load is already on prior to a power failure, it will change to the preset level when override mode is activated.
- Eight-channel 0-10V dimmer module for residential and commercial lighting applications
- Installs in a Crestron® CAEN or CAEN-MLO enclosure
- Supports 0-10V dimmable fluorescent ballasts and LED drivers
- Also supports on/off switching of non-dimmable lighting loads
- Single or dual feeds — two four-channel dimmers in one module
- Rated 16 Amps per channel, 32 Amps total (using two 20 Amp feeds), at 120 Volts AC
- Customizable dimming curves via software
- Arcless switching
- Built-in air gap relay per channel
- Closure-activated override mode
- UL® 924 and CSA® C22.2 No. 141-15 listed for emergency lighting control
- Crestron system integration via Cresnet®
- Easy termination using a CLT-2DIMFLV8 terminal block (sold separately)
- CEC Title 24 2013 compliant