The flagship 3-Series® control processor, offering immense power, expanded memory, an enhanced color LCD front panel, numerous integrated control ports and three control card expansion slots. Features an isolated control subnet providing a Gigabit Ethernet LAN dedicated for Crestron devices.
The flagship Crestron® PRO3 is an enterprise-class control system with an enhanced feature set including a front panel color LCD display, built-in control card expansion slots, and a dedicated Control Subnet port. Featuring the 3-Series® control engine, the PRO3 forms the core of any modern networked home or commercial building, managing and integrating all the disparate technologies throughout your facility to make life easier, greener, more productive, and more enjoyable.
3-Series® Control Systems
- Today's commercial buildings and custom homes comprise more technology than ever before, and all these systems need to be networked, managed, and controlled in fundamentally new ways. The IP based 3-Series platform is engineered from the ground up to deliver a network-grade server appliance capable of faithfully handling everything from boardroom AV and home theater control to total building management.
- 3-Series embodies a distinctively robust, dynamic, and secure platform to elevate your system designs to higher levels of performance and reliability. Compared to other control systems, Crestron 3-Series provides a pronounced increase in processing power and speed with more memory, rock solid networking and IP control, and a unique modular programming architecture.
Modular Programming Architecture
- Designed for enhanced scalability, the PRO3 affords high-speed, real-time multi-tasking to seamlessly run multiple programs simultaneously. This exclusive modular programming architecture lets programmers independently develop and run device-specific programs for AV, lighting, shades, HVAC, security, etc., allowing for the optimization of each program, and allowing changes to be made to one program without affecting the whole. Even as your system grows, processing resources can easily be shifted from one 3-Series processor to another without rewriting any code. The end benefit is dramatically simplified upgradability with minimal downtime, whether implementing changes on site or remotely via the network.
Robust Ethernet & IP Control
- IP technology is the heart of 3-Series, so it should be no surprise that its networking abilities are second to none. Gigabit Ethernet connectivity enables integration with IP-controllable devices and allows the PRO3 to be part of a larger managed control network. Whether residing on a sensitive corporate LAN, a home network, or accessing the Internet through a cable modem, the PRO3 provides secure, reliable interconnectivity with IP-enabled touch screens, computers, mobile devices, video displays, media servers, security systems, lighting, HVAC, and other equipment — whether on premises or across the globe.
Dedicated Control Subnet
- The Crestron Control Subnet is a Gigabit Ethernet network dedicated to Crestron devices. Via the PRO3's Control Subnet port, an installer may simply connect a single touch screen or wireless gateway, or add a Crestron PoE switch (CEN-SW-POE-5 or CEN-SWPOE-16) to handle multiple touch screens, gateways, AV components, and other devices. Auto-configuration of the entire subnet is performed by the PRO3, discovering each device and assigning IP addresses without any extra effort from the installer.
- A separate LAN port on the PRO3 provides a single-point connection to the primary LAN, requiring just one IP address for the complete control system. The LAN port allows full interconnectivity between devices on the local subnet with other devices, systems, servers, and WAN/Internet connections outside the local subnet. For sensitive applications that require absolute security, the entire Control Subnet can be completely hidden from the primary LAN using Isolation Mode.
Control Apps & XPanel
- Years ago, Crestron pioneered the world's first IP-based control system unleashing vast new possibilities for controlling, monitoring, and managing integrated systems over a LAN, WAN, and the Internet. Today, Crestron offers more ways than ever to control your world the way you want. Using a computer, smartphone, or tablet device, Crestron lets you control anything in your home or workplace from anywhere in the world.
- Native to every 3-Series control system, Crestron XPanel technology transforms any laptop or desktop computer into a virtual Crestron touch screen. Crestron control apps deliver the Crestron touch screen experience to iPhone®, iPad®, and Android™ devices, letting you safely monitor and control your entire residence or commercial facility using the one device that goes with you everywhere.
Crestron Fusion® Cloud
- Crestron Fusion Cloud provides an integrated platform for creating truly smart buildings that save energy, enhance worker productivity, and prolong the life-span of valuable equipment. As part of a complete managed network in a corporate enterprise, college campus, convention center, or any other facility, the PRO3 works integrally with Crestron Fusion Cloud to enable remote scheduling, monitoring, and control of rooms and technology from a central help desk. It also enables organizations to reduce energy consumption by tracking real-time usage and automating control of lighting, shades, and HVAC.
- Built-in SNMP support enables integration with third-party IT management software, allowing network administrators to manage and control Crestron systems on the network in an IT-friendly format.
- Cresnet provides a dependable network wiring solution for Crestron keypads, lighting controls, shade motors, thermostats, occupancy sensors, and other devices that don't require the higher speed of Ethernet. The Cresnet bus offers easy wiring and configuration, carrying bidirectional communication and 24VDC power to each device over a simple 4-conductor cable. To assist with troubleshooting, the PRO3 includes our patent-pending Network Analyzer which continuously monitors the integrity of the Cresnet network for wiring faults, marginal performance, and other errors.
Onboard Control Ports
- In addition to Ethernet, the PRO3 includes six bidirectional COM ports and eight IR ports to interface directly with all of your centralized AV sources, video displays, and other devices. Eight programmable relay ports are included for controlling projection screens, lifts, power controllers, and other contact-closure actuated equipment. Eight "Versiport" I/O ports enable the integration of power sensors, motion detectors, door switches, alarms, or anything else that provides a dry contact closure, low-voltage logic, or 0-10 Volt DC signal.
Control Card Expansion Slots
- Additional control ports can be added to the PRO3 using 3-Series Control Cards. The PRO3 provides three control card expansion slots on its rear panel, affording great expansion capability without requiring any additional rack space.
Front Panel Color LCD Display
- The PRO3's front panel includes a color LCD display to enable extensive setup and diagnostics without having to connect a computer.
- Native support for the BACnet/IP communication protocol provides a direct interface to third-party building management systems over Ethernet, simplifying integration with HVAC, security, fire & life safety, voice & data, lighting, shades, and other systems. Using BACnet/IP, each system runs independently with the ability to communicate together on one platform for a truly smart building.
- Enterprise-class control system
- 3-Series® Control Engine — substantially faster and more powerful than other control systems
- Exclusive modular programming architecture
- Onboard 1GB RAM & 4GB Flash memory
- Expandable storage up to 1TB
- Rear panel memory card slot
- High-speed USB 2.0 host port
- Industry-standard Ethernet and Cresnet® wired communications
- Control Subnet — provides a dedicated local network for Crestron® devices
- XPanel with Smart Graphics™ computer and web based control
- iPhone®, iPad®, and Android™ control app support
- Crestron Fusion® Cloud Enterprise Management Service support
- SNMP remote management support
- Two RS-232/422/485 COM ports with hardware and software handshaking
- Four RS-232 COM ports with software handshaking only
- Eight IR/serial, eight relay, and eight Versiport I/O ports
- Three built-in 3-Series control card expansion slots
- Programmable event scheduling with astronomical time clock
- Native BACnet™/IP support
- IEC 61000-4-5 Installation Class 4 surge immunity on COM, Versiport, and network connections
- Installer setup via front panel, Crestron Toolbox™ software, or web browser
- C#, symbol based, and drag-and-drop programming environments
- Full Unicode (multi-language) support
- Increased network throughput and security
- Secure access through full user/group management or Active Directory integration
- Hardware level security using 802.1X authentication
- TLS, SSL, SSH, and SFTP network security protocols
- FIPS 140-2 compliant encryption
- IIS v.6.0 Web Server
- IPv6 ready
- Front panel color LCD display for setup and diagnostics
- Front panel USB computer console port
- 2-space rack-mountable